Saturday 12 March 2011

Pisces

One of the things I plan to do on this, my new blog, is to feature some of my paintings which represent signs of the Zodiac. I don't really believe in horoscopes but I do think it's fun to play in the Zodiac. We are coming to the end of Pisces, the last of the signs, so I'll be working backward for the rest of the year. (Some of you may have seen these images before.)


WATERBABE
From my 'Fairy Fossils' series: it comes with a poem...
Tho' I am old I'll never die,
or cry
or lie.


MATRIX

Pisceans keep a low profile and seek vast amounts of knowledge. 


TIDE POOL

Pisces are gentle.


WANDA

This is my alter-ego. Yes, I am a Pisces.

4 comments:

frannie said...

Waterbabe was done with plaster of Paris. The original cast was Fimo plastic with which I sculpted the 'baby' and the support was polyfilla strengthened with carpenters' glue.

What is your sign? I'll post something special for you.

Knatolee said...

Wow, thee are fantastic. I just adore the colours in "Wanda"

frannie said...

Knat, did you ever see 'A Fish Called Wanda'?

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

All are wonderful Wanda, oh I mean Frannie. I love the alter ego and how you portrayed her. I have been wanting to get that effect of underwater with fabric but have not been successful yet.

I am a Taurus. :)